We are surrounded by groups
This assignment allows you to investigate small groups and teams using the
Web or popular press (magazine article, newspaper clipping, etc).
Here's what you do... Locate an article or web page relating to a small group
- Read the material.
- Pay attention to what reasons are given for the importance of this group.
- Look for any advantages or disadvantages to belonging to this small group.
- Write a short summary identifying the name of the group, who belongs to the group, why the group
is important, the advantages or disadvantages created by the group and any
other insight you gained.
- Turn in your summary with the article (hand written applications are fine).
- Plan to share what you discovered in class.
By completing this assignment you will be learning:
- To identify, explain, and apply general theoretical principles related to
small group communication.
- To recognize the utility of small group communication skills in our daily